Red Shoe Society – Upper Midwest
Support a great cause and expand your professional and social network Red Shoe events
We are an association of young professionals supporting the efforts of RMHC–UM
Founded in 2012, the Red Shoe Society-Upper Midwest is an association of young professionals supporting the efforts of Ronald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest. Our members have diverse professional backgrounds and come from a wide variety of industries.
Visit our Facebook page for up-to-the-minute information.
What We Do
The Red Shoe Society – Upper Midwest is dedicated to raising awareness for Ronald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest (RMHC-UM), while promoting volunteerism and generating financial support.
We host numerous events throughout the year aimed at providing young professionals an opportunity to expand their personal and professional network while raising awareness for RMHC–UM. Events are held at unique venues throughout the Twin Cities.
Hosting volunteer events allows RSS members the opportunity to directly impact the organization and support the families that rely on RMHC–UM services. Volunteer events include bi-monthly Cooks for Kids meals and other programs occurring at RMH – Oak Street, as well as the locations inside area hospitals.
Our networking events continue to generate funds to support RMHC–UM. With a growing membership base and dedicated, active board members, our team is committed to expanding our network of sponsors and recruiting young professionals that are passionate about our mission.
Email us to sign-up to volunteer
- Cooks for Kids Dinner: Wednesday, January 4, Children's – St. Paul
- Cooks for Kids Dinner: Tuesday, March 7, RMH – Oak Street
- Cooks for Kids Dinner: Monday, April 3, Children's – Minneapolis
- Cooks for Kids Brunch: Sunday, May 14, Oak Street
- Cooks for Kids Dinner: Monday, June 5, Children's – St. Paul
- Cooks for Kids Dinner: Wednesday, August 2, Children's – Minneapolis
- Cooks for Kids Dinner: Wednesday, September 6, Children's – Minneapolis
Possible additional events yet to be scheduled: Parents Night In, Fall Cleanup, BBQ Lunch, additional Cooks for Kid's Meal
Signature Event: Spring Soiree at Fulton, Monday, March 13 / More info and purchase tickets
- Brewery Bike Crawl - June 3rd. Visit our Facebook event page to learn more and sign up!
- Annual Footgolf Tournament - July 15th (with a back-up date if weather is poor on July 22nd). Visit our general Facebook page for a soon to be added event page.
- Visit Red Shoe Society at Brew Love on August 10
- Fall Member Appreciation Event - September/October, Date and location TBD
2017 Open Houses
Stop by one of our open house events at the House on Oak Street to meet our board and learn how to get more involved with RSS. Join us for House tours, refreshments, and snacks. Open houses start at 7pm.
- February 9
- May 11
- September 7
- November 9
Introducing RED Membership! $25 donation includes:
- Ronald McDonald House Tour
- Admission to exclusive Fall Membership Appreciation event
- Invites to all networking and fundraising events
- Priority communication on volunteer events (first opportunity)
- Recognition in RSS marketing materials, including a new "Member of the Month" feature in our monthly newsletter
- Network with young professionals from several different industries
- Annual donation supports Red Shoe Society Cooks for Kids events, preparing and serving meals at RMH location
2017 Board Members
Kristi Baune, CHS
Gene Bellin, Medtronic
Jeff Belstler, RBC Wealth Managemnet
Crystal Blank, Synergy Products
Dustin Clark, Northwestern Mutual
Dave Horsman, MN Twins
Abbie Hugunin, Hennepin County
Laura Koebele, Flagstone Foods, a Treehouse Foods Company
Annette Koep, Catallia Mexican Foods
Andy Leisen, Consolidated Communications
Gavin Moberg, School Space Media
Sam Posl, Winthrop Resources
Rance Rand, Tad Ware & Co.
Katie Roek, Cargill
Laura Skubic, Catholic Charities of St. Paul and Minneapolis
Tara Smith, Aria Minneapolis
Morgan Stinson, Revation Systems
Andrew Wright, Target
Amanda Young, Best Vendors