Cooks for Kids (CFK) Meal Providers
Provide a home-away-from-home cooked meal for families Cooks for Kids Calendars
After a long day at the hospital, families look forward to a “home-away-from-home” cooked meal. Cooks for Kids groups who plan, purchase, prepare and serve meals at each of our locations every day of the year are bright spots in the day of a family staying with us.
We encourage you to gather a group of friends, family or co-workers to sign-up to serve a meal at any of our four locations. Our kitchens have everything you need to chop, slice, sauté, roast and bake your way into our families’ hearts.
It's easy as 1-2-3 to sign your group up for a Cooks for Kids meal
Choose a location below and click on the Sign-up button.
Search for an available date and location.
NOTE: If the calendar is full at your desired location, please consider volunteering at one of our other locations.
Complete the sign-up process as you are prompted.
Plan your meal and submit your menu to us.
Email our volunteer office or call 612.767.2794.
Cooks for Kids Info
- All food must be prepared and cooked at our facility.
- Food packaged and prepared at a licensed restaurant, catering service or commercial kitchen is also acceptable. Food prepared at a licensed restaurant, catering service or commercial kitchen can be picked up by groups and brought directly to the House.
- Only packaged foods in unopened containers and whole fruits/vegetables will be accepted.
- To ensure that CFK Groups have enough time to prepare their meal, dinner is served from 6–7:30pm and brunch is served from 11am–12pm.
Click here for additional information, including number of volunteers required, location addresses, meal times and more.
Cooks for Kids
At a Glance
The Cooks for Kids volunteer opportunity is available at all of our locations, every day of the year.
Dinners are served every night from 6 – 7:30pm.
Saturday/Sunday brunches are servedfrom 11 am – noon.
All volunteers for this program must be at least 14 years old and anyone under 18 must have adult supervision.
Note: An application and orientation session is not needed for CFK volunteers.
Cooks for Kids Meal Calendars
Select a location and reserve a date online for your group to volunteer
- If the date at your chosen location is BLANK, it has already been reserved and is unavailable.
- If the date at your chosen location includes a MEAL (dinner or brunch), it is open and available.
- Click "Dinner" or "Brunch" to reserve that date and location.
Ronald McDonald House – Oak Street
near the U of M, Minneapolis campus
621 Oak St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
- 6–15 volunteers
- Weekday dinner: 60–80 people served
- Weekend brunch: 40–60 served
- Weekend dinner: 40–60 served
- Drop food off at 621 Oak Street SE before parking.
- Parking is free in our two parking lots on site. One is on the backside of our facility on Ontario Street and the other is off of Fulton Street (alleyway marked Kelsey Lane) by the business entrance. Both parking lots are marked with Ronald McDonald House signage.
Ronald McDonald House – Children's, Minneapolis
inside Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MN, Minneapolis
2525 Chicago Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55404
- 8–10 volunteers
- Dinners: 90–100 people served
- Weekend brunch: 60-70 people served
- Pull into 2525 Chicago Avenue South and call 612.874.4800 when you arrive and the House Manager will meet you with a cart for the food.
- You can park in either of the ramps attached to the hospital and we will give you vouchers for free parking.
- Take the skyway from the ramp into the hospital and security will help direct you from the Welcome Desk to the House.
Ronald McDonald Family Room–Gillette, St. Paul
- 3–6 volunteers
- Dinner: 50–60 people served
- Weekend brunch: 35 people served
- Park in the Regions/Gillette Parking Ramp on Jackson Street, adjacent to the intersection of University Avenue
- Proceed to level D and temporarily park your car(s) in front of the Valet Parking area. Enter the hospital and proceed to the Ronald McDonald Family Room to retrieve a cart to transport your food.
- Park your car in a permanent space after delivering your food to the Family Room. You will receive a voucher for free parking.
Ronald McDonald Family Room–Children's, St. Paul
inside Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MN, St. Paul
345 North Smith Avenue
River Tower 3rd floor
St. Paul, MN 55101
- 3–6 volunteers
- Dinner: 35–45 people served
- Weekend brunch: 35
- Feel free to unload your car in the front roundabout of the hospital. Before you come up to the space, you will need to check in at the reception desk at Children’s to receive your name tag.
- There will be a cart downstairs for you to use to bring food and supplies up to the space.
- Park your car in the red ramp and we will have parking passes for you.